To Bob Johnson/ 1.2 M Prime Star Dish

Bob,

Here is an emails I saved. Go to the web address and scroll down to Mark's
PrimeStar files.

73,
Mike
K9QHO

Check out some of my tinkering here:

http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/array/

Look for the images with "primestar" or "helix_feed" in the name.

Linear or circular seems to work FB.  No real tests to compare the two...

Oh, I started to play with a coffee can feed, but don't have much time or
effort invested at the moment to say how that one works in my hands...

My suggestion?  Experiment!  And have fun.  The Primestar dish is a great
resource.

73,

Mark N8MH

*More of Mark's email*

Found some more interesting sites that address using the Primestar dishes,
etc.  Thought I would share some of them.

Here is a "juice can" feed with Primestar dish!  Simple indeed.
http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro/Airport/Primestar/Primestar.html

Here's a dish calculator to figure gain of a dish:
http://www.gbonline.com/~multiplx/wireless/parabolic.main.cgi

Good general dish info--how constructed, off-set fed explained w/picture,
etc.

Other links from this site are informative, too
http://www.stuffiveheard.com/home/homesat5.html

Hope somebody else enjoys the read...

73,

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]