UO-11 Beacon

Well, using the UO-11 beacon for a signal source doesn't work for me either. It just went
nearly overhead and I couldn't hear anything
near 2401.500. Guess the system isn't near good enough for AO-40
yet. Got a .7dB NF primp ordered from Down East Microwave. Maybe
this will help enough. Maybe a helical feed on the BBQ dish might
give some improvement too. At this point, I don't know how far
the LO is off in the Drake downconverter. The IF is at 145 MHZ for
2401 MHZ input and the NF is supposed to be tested at 3 dB. Don't
have a way to calibrate either one. Wonder if there is a local HAM
who could xmt on 2400?
Ken K5MBV Garland, TX