Re: freedom from the British.

 "Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" writes:

> July 4th, the day we yanks celebrate our independence from the British over
> 200 years ago.  Today, some of our best friends are across the ocean in the
> U.K.  But I just have to say, independence from the British is a good
> thing. Can you imagine G3RWL Crown Governor of New Jersey? It'd be a circus.

Secret: Howard is right. We *allowed* your lot to win, the fighting was just
part of the "public presentation" ... after we decided we didn't want to
subsidise a bunch of weirdos going round in Davy Crockett hats saying "y'all"
and not liking tea.

Governor of NJ. Hmmmm. The perks could be good, just shoot the 4th Estate.
And I could go down the NJ Turnpike in the rush hour in a tank, crushing any
traffic that got in the way. See, theres a bright side to everything.

What else could I do ?  Hmm. Droit de seigneur (sp?) of course; make
everyone use morse code and throw away all those nancy microphones; ratify
Kyoto; and ban dimpled chads ... thats just for starters.

Happy holiday y'all

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org