Re: Radio Lens

For further information about the SKA and some interesting papers on
antenna selection see
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/SKA/

I recall occasionally using an HF Luneburg lens in Hawaii for shore to ship
and shore to aircraft (ARIA) links during the early Apollo days on the
Western Test Range.  It was a wire antenna and had the main characteristic
of being quite immune to signals off azimuth.  However it's not clear to me
it was the same concept as the antennas referenced in these articles and
papers.  I haven't found any references on the web to HF lens antennas
which would verify that.

Jim
jim@coloradosatellite.com