Re: Radio Lens

>   Well I must say I had never seen a lens like that being used for radio
> reception! weird... ;)
>
>   http://www.spacedaily.com/news/telescopes-01a.html

These Luneburg lens designs have been around for a little while.  If you
take a look at:

	http://www.skybridgesatellite.com/l41_sys/index.htm

you can see this type of antenna proposed as part of a LEO satellete
system.  What's very cool about this type of antenna design is that
the "lens" part (a variable density dielectric material) remains fixed,
and the feed point(s) move over the surface.

louie
wa3ymh