PSK tone interesting on AO-40

Sitting here in the shack listening to AO-40 (and watching the telemetry)
tonight, the PSK tone seems to lower by a few tens of hertz for a couple of
seconds and then rise back again.

I've never heard this before, but I'm sure someone will be able to explain.
Can't see anything obvious from the telemetry myself.

I thought at first it was the down converter I was using, but I get the same
on my AR-5000 too.

73 Howard G6LVB