AO-40 Beacon

Can't seem to hear the mode S middle beacon. Sun noise is easily
heard and aiming the antenna at the computer causes an increase
in noise, but I can't hear the DO-17 carrier or the AO-40 beacon.
Are there any other satellite (ham or commercial) sources of a signal
to calibrate by? I sold all my test equipment and haven't any
way to test the converter and antenna. The converter is a modified
Drake and the antenna is an Andrews linearly polarized. I don't
have a pre-amp. ...Maybe this is the problem? The NF spec for the
modified Drake is 3.0 dB. The downconverter is mounted on the
back of the antenna with no more than 3 ft. of low loss coax.
Ken K5MBV