Re: New Sat Ops

On Monday 02 July 2001 18:20, Michael Kingery wrote:

> This past weekend I was fortunate enough to make "First Contacts"
> with two new Amateur Satellite Operators.  Charlie (I forgot to write
> down his call) was operating the W3AA club station at the Ben
> Franklin Museum in Philadelphia, PA.  We worked on FO20.  Bryan,
> KC8LMI, was worked on FO29 Sunday evening.  If you should happen to
> hear either station on a future pass, make a contact and welcome them
> to the Satellites!

W3AA is the club station of the Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club (est.
1949).

I'm a member of both the club and the museum, and when I was but a
sprout that club station, beautifully constructed as a participatory
museum exhibit, was instrumental in stimulating my interest in amateur
radio.

W3AA today:

   http://www.fi.edu/tfi/exhibits/w3aa.html

...featured on the cover of QST...

   http://www.phil-mont.org/images/qst-ben.jpg

W3AA as W3TKQ, back when I was a kid...

   http://www.phil-mont.org/images/glass.jpg

 The PMRC club site:

   http://www.phil-mont.org

 While W3WF and N3OOV both appear on the club roster under the name
"Charlie", I suspect you worked Charlye, K3CJ. I'm CCing him on this
note.

Charlye, was it you who worked KE4AZN via FO-20 from W3AA?

73 de Maggie K3XS