Re: (Answer)Yaesu 847, computer doppler control and TNC?

At 07:38 AM 6/28/01, you wrote:
>Hi all, after putting off buying a rig for satellite operations for a long
>time I have finally decided the Yaesu 847 is my next purchase.
>
>Anyway, I was curious about the possibility of using a laptop computer
>with one serial port to control the Doppler shift with WiSP?
>
>And run my TNC3S at the same time?  Anybody know if this can be done?

------cut---------

Thanks to all that responded to my post. It looks like the best solution
for my setup were provided by:

 >Try unitrac it uses the printer (parallel port)
 >Cheers and 73
 >Dave ZL2MQ

And

 >Dave Lamont
 >The original design criteria for Uni_Trac was based on your
 >requiremjents. A laptop with only 1 serial port which is required
 >for TNC use,a FT-847, and WISP.

 >Uni_Trac also configures diectly with Wisp. Simply turn on
 >the DDE facility in Wisp's Station dialog.

I hope this helps anybody else on the list that might be trying to set up a
laptop with only one serial and one parallel port.

CUL, Dale kf4sir

-
Dale Coleman
kf4sir@earthlink.net