Re: Yaesu 847, computer doppler control and TNC?

Dale Coleman wrote:
> Hi all, after putting off buying a rig for satellite operations for a long
> time I have finally decided the Yaesu 847 is my next purchase.
> Anyway, I was curious about the possibility of using a laptop computer with
> one serial port to control the Doppler shift with WiSP?
> And run my TNC3S at the same time?  Anybody know if this can be done? What
> are the pin assignments for the serial cable?
> I have not bought the 847 yet and don't have the manual.
> Thanks, Dale kf4sir

If your laptop has USB and your 'OS will do it , then you may want to
try getting a USB to serial converter , we use them at work on our
mobile data computers for our Deputies and they work nicely ( they will
usually come up as the next com-port that is unused , but sometimes com5
) .....

that is what I would do ........

in between aftershocks , guess I will make some dinner :^P

Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544
Registered Linux user # 188922