RE: ISS QSO's during Field Day

Pieter Ibelings wrote:

I don't think the ISS is contesting just handing out points for the
contesters.

Wayne replies:

Field day is officially an "event", not a "contest".  If a station announces
"1A Battery", I think it's reasonable to say that it's a Field Day station.

I'm not trying to disqualify anybody.  I just wanted to point out that the
rules require Field Day stations to be used with ONLY ONE CALLSIGN for the
duration of the event.

I could have called NA1SS with my personal callsign, but I didn't.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA