Re: Yaesu 847, computer doppler control and TNC?

Dale,

Don't know about Wisp yet - have been too busy with other satellites to get
to digital modes. Someday.

But the FT847 requires a "null modem" cable and a dedicated port for
control. I am using a USB add-on serial port for my TNCs, etc.

I do doppler correction of my FT847 using a Visual Basic program I wrote
with Range Rate information coming from Nova for Windows. If you have been
following my saga recently, I finally tracked the S band beacon of UO-11
for two passes yesterday with the beacon signal staying in the downlink
passband doppler corrected the whole pass.

The FT847 seems rather slow in response if you are trying to poll the rig
for frequency readout. I gave up on that and tune with the mouse only.
Which is ok, since I now can sit across the room and control the FT847 and
tune the satellites remotely from my HF operating position.

Jerry, W6IHG