Fwd: Transponder ideas for future satellites

The idea looks very nice, but the last modulation is FM (what is modulated
with the ssb). FM is just what ís not effecient !!
Even when there is no signal, there will be an carrier that is eating all
battery power.

I made also 2 transponders. An mode-b (for microsat) and an mode-J picosat.
Many people asked me about AGC, but I used none and it still works great.

About increasing of the power efficiency there has been an design from Karl
Meinzer (published in 1975) what splits the HF signal into amplitude and
phase signal.
The phase signal is amplifier by an class-C HF PA. And the Amplitude is
added via the switching power supply.

My idea of the future satellites is making them smaller, because with todays
elektronik devices satellites can be made very small and power effecient. My
lineair mode-j picosat is an prove of my idea.
I even showed it at AMSAT-DL !!

73 de PE1RAH, William