continuing education

Hi all,

thanks for the notes on metal in middle of helix. Think I will continue
along those lines. Makes the mechanical part easier.

My question for todays "continuing education" session  ---

When we compute the G/T performance metric, do we use the full gain of the
antenna?  That is, we don't subtract 3 dB because of polarity mismatch
(circular to linear). Seems to me if we measure the G/T metric using the
sun then we are getting the whole gain.

The 3 dB loss only comes in when we think about a particular signal we want
to receive. Correct????? Or am I confused?

Love the new uplink spread sheet, Gene.

Jerry, W6IHG