Re: RE:Livetelemetry 25.6

All,

I also happened to be listening and trying to decode tm with Ao40rcv. Using
Phillips Tech dish, (linear but with 44 inch pigtail) with UEK3000. Heard
the definite drop out at 23:23.

Can someone please educate me on Helix antennas

  Early on, this list talked about finding aluminum towel rods in the
hardware stores and using them for helix supports. What is the effect on
metal in the core of the helix?  In my case, the Phillip Tech dish uses a 1
inch square tube as the strut for the linear feed. So I was considering
getting a longer piece of tubing so I can put the UEK3000 behind the helix
with can reflector.

But the tubing is so big - 1 inch that it will almost touch the helix if it
has diameter of 1.6 inches. Is this a bad idea? Should I be looking for a
poly rod?  There seem to be enough mechanical issues to deal with that I
don't want to start down the wrong path using aluminum 1 inch tubing.

My plan, right now, is to leave the linear feed in place until after this
current orbit adjust and try to get some actual contacts as a baseline. But
be ready to put in a helix if things are not good.

Jerry, W6IHG