Those darned Primestar dishes

Went to see my friend Ray on Friday last and on the return home I spotted a
discarded Primestar dish. No LNB/A mounting hardware but it did have the
remnants of the az/el mount with it. I grabbed it (of course!) and now would
like to recall what has been posted about using these for AO-40. Some kind
soul posted an Excel spread sheet that made it more than clear I MUST quit
being stubborn about using linear pol and go circular if I am going to hear
that noise floor. This seems like the way to do it.

What I am looking for is any information regarding these dishes: what arer
the lengths of the struts that hold the feed, focal point, and any ideas
that have proven to be successful. I think I remember the consensus is that
a helix with 2 1/2 turns works well here.

I am giving up on mounting my 10' Kaul-Tonics on the tower and moving my
efforts to the Primestar.

By the way, every thing that was attached to the dish was apparently
destroyed except for the Primestar decal... go figure!

John Wilcox  NS1Z
871 Route 120
Rumford, ME  04276-3836

207-364-2246