Re: SASI Sat Tracker & Win98 LPT1 Problem

>i have run out of options. i guess the last thing might be to change the
>lpt port
>to a different irq. my ecp printer port is set for
>dma 03
>irq 7
>i/o range 0378-037f

could not change the i/o range BUT I did change the IRQ and DMA to what you
suggested and after having to cold boot more than once, ... Windows finally
accepted the changes and the printer now WORKS.

I did have the "Windows is starting for the first time" message on several
boots. Perhaps Windows had a hard time accepting my input?

Thanks for your help. I know a lot about computers but this had me stumped.

What I really what to know is WHY the problem happened in the first

W4SCO