Re: Amateur Satellites and Emergency Communications

Yes, during the big Florida hurricane a few years ago, I handled a bunch of
Health and Welfare messages via UO-22 Satgate operations.  The local packet
network funneled the messages to my satgate where they were handled and
uploaded automatically to UO-22 and routed to to the Florida Satgate
station which was located in Ft. Lauderdale at that time.  It worked well
and required no manual intervention here in either direction.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org