Was field day sats; now RS12 and auto tune

For what it is worth RS12 Mode K is the sole reason I became interested in
satellites. Back in 92-93ish I read about AO21 and tried with no luck time
and time again. Then I started listening for Dove, and discovered RS12. Like
Jerry I started out with a HF rig (TS-440) running split, and later added a
HTX-100 for the downlink, all on dipoles. Mode K is accessible, easy because
there is practically no doppler and the ten meter link is usually excellent.

On a related note...from several posts I hear of people having trouble with
their auto tune and auto doppler and auto whatever when they tried a new sat
this weekend. I think it's beneficial to turn all that crap off when you are
learning...If it's not right you don't have a chance of making a QSO. And
remember....I can't say this enough...TUNE THE HIGHER FREQUENCY!!!!!....

I am very pleased to have heard so much activity on the FO birds.

Drew, KO4MA