Re: Field Day weather/results

While we're sharing FD weather stories...

This year's FD was the best weather in recent memory.  Highs in the mid 80s, low in the 60s, no rain, sunshine the whole time (except at
night ;^).  The tear-down temps got a bit higher than the set-up time or any operating time, but it's been worse.

Last year wasn't bad, but hot.

Two years ago at FD, we awoke to mild rain.  We started tearing down the non-mission-critical stuff.  The rain got worse.  And worse.
Then a park ranger (we're use Army Corps of Engineers land) came by to tell us that XX mph winds (where XX was some high number).  By
the end of full-scale tear-down, we were literally running to get things packed.  The rain really started dumping and the winds really picked
up as the last things were being tied to vehicles.

Three years ago we had hail blowing horizontally through the park shelter we use.  Nuf said.

Ah, life in here in Kansas. ;^)

David, ky0dr