Amsat-UK Colloquium

Hi Richard,

I was at the Longleat Rally  on Sunday  - a wonderful day from both the
weather and the turn out !  A pity that we did not  have a
table!

Regarding your shortfall in speakers and material for the colloquium  -
What I did do is have a chat  with a number of the guys
that construct  gear for  1200 & 2400 Mhz   - I suggested that they might
like to contact you with view to taking along some the
kits and ready made items,  Give talk  and have a general chat  with the
visitors and experts on the application  of the  kits
for satellite work  ( namely  AO40 of course )    Also mentioned the prize
that had been organised.
They appeared greatly in favour of doing this and also gaining some
knowledge for further designs and projects.

I hope that you get the promised response!

Cheers
Ken

Ps.    Regarding the visit by Mike Foale  - Unfortunately  I was involved
in some other work  and was unable to get to the Space
          School in Penarth.   It was also to late to catch at venue at the
University later that day.
          I was told that he was expecting to be in the UK  for other
business activity and the alternative was to send him an  " E" -mail
         or contact his parents!