Re: AO 27 and UO 14 congestion for field day

Hi John,
Well, it is kinda hard to work any of the other birds with an Arrow and a
HT! Our club was working QRP battery so I had to follow their rules!

I really don't appreciate the alligators on the FM birds during Field Day.
I used 50 watts into a 22 db gain antenna last year to make contacts on AO
27 and I am still getting flak about it.
The LEO FM birds should ONLY be used for QRP contacts! It isn't fair, as I
have learned, to over power everybody else.

Yes, there were a lot of alligators out there. But, we heard KK5DO more
than any body else. I tried Sunday during the first pass and he was
overpowering the bird. Couldn't get in with a wedge!
It was impossible.

I am sure that a lot of the stations that were trying to make contacts had
never used our satellites before. Is this the image we want to convey? I
understand that Amateur courtesy tends to go out the window on the FM LEOs.
I have worked both of them enough to know this. But we should back off on
Field Day and let the newbies have the birds!

Flame Suit on!

Gary