Re: Amateur Satellites and Emergency Communications

During the bad Ice storm  in the winter of 1997?? I passed some health
and welfare traffic for some Canadian hams on AO-27. I just  took down
some info so I could send a short email telling someone that they were
ok. The HF band's were dead, and they had no electricity , or phone for
several weeks!! I might of did this for 1 or 2 people. The problem was
clearing the channel for me, or someone else who was trying to help pass
a message, of the usual group of new operators that couldn't hear their
down link, not their fault of course, and there was no net control or
anything like that. Just hams helping hams.

73 Jeff kb2m