Re: field day sats

On Monday 25 June 2001 12:26, jeff w griffin wrote:

>  This makes me wonder, why don't we put up more mode KA sats? When I
> started working  analog Satellites, I started on RS-11. What a great old
> bird that was. I still remember trying to work it the day it died...

  Jeff, one thing I have noted while trying to do mode A on the RS sats is
that, normally, if it is also receiving on 15m just forget your mode A
operation. It simply gets full of unintended signals from high power HF dxer
stations (at least on my part of the world) saturating the transponder, and
not a single satellite operator coming from 15m! IMO DON'T do it, I think 15m
is basically useless nowadays as a satellite uplink. Further, the path for
future in satellites is UHF and Microwave bands, not crowded noisy HF bands...

regards

  Claudio
  CT3KD