SASI Sat Tracker & Win98 LPT1 Problem

At field day we tried my new Sasi Sat Tracker interface that hooks to the
printer port on a laptop computer. It would not work on a laptop running
Windows 2000 Professional. Then we tried a laptop (mine) running Win98 2nd
Ed.  At first it did not run. Then it did for awhile. Then it didn't. The
last time it stopped working the ECP printer port on Lpt1 was bad under
Win98. Removed the port and restarted windows. It (win98) found the printer
port and added it back. Windows liked it but the Sat tracker didn't.

Got home this afternoon and can not print off my laptop. NO LPT1 port on
the system according to Windows98. HOW do I get my LPT1 printer port back
on the system?  Could the sat tracker have done damage to my printer port?
I sure hope not. The instructions that came with it said there was no
change required to run under Win98.

W4SCO