Field Day - Good Time!

All

Field day was a blast! KD5MHM, N5PSP, NX5E and myself worked the satellite
station in this year's field day in Midland, Texas (W5QGG). The first pass
of UO-14 was nothing heard. We thought something was wrong but it turned out
to be many other stations like ourselves trying to make the 100 points. The
evening pass went well thanks to K5OE. Thanks for the contact Jerry! We had
a crowd gathered when it happened and all were very happy. With the 100
points out of the way we relaxed a bit. The next challenge was to make a
contact on AO-10 the next morning. No Joy on 10 but I was successful in
hearing myself calling CQ field day. Cool!. Need more practice on that bird.
The next pass would be AO-27 followed by UO-14. Each satellite station
operator had a chance at the mic and all made a contact. Thanks to everyone
for their participation this year.

DM82 is no longer a rare grid. Over the last several months we have gained
at least 5 new satellite operators and we have plans to operate in the
future from other West Texas grids. Stay tuned....

73,

Bill - W5WRL