Re: Newbie Question--Hamtronics d/c for mode S

Charlie,
It will work well.  I use that exact Hamtronics kit downconverter with a mast-mounted S-band d/c to my HF rig's receive-only antenna port.  The only issue with your HTX is ensuring you NEVER, NEVER tranmit into the downconverter.
73,
Jerry, K5OE

"Knight-Kit" <res043pa@gte.net> writes:

<< Hello All,
        I have a RS HTX-100 10 meter rig and a Hamtronics two meter receive
converter that I
use to listen to 2meter ssb. I was wondering if
this would work as a 144mhz  I-F for the aidc-3733
downconveter or would I be better off trying to
come up with a 2 meter SSB rig.
       Thanks for your help,
                               Charlie