[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: word/line wrap

K6YK wrote...

>Doesn't anybody know what the "Carriage Return" key is for anymore ?
>On these modern machines they call it  "Enter". You simply  hit "enter"
>when the
>cursor gets toward the right side of your screen.
>Then the receiving parties don't get these chopped up looking messages
>with 80
>characters in one line, 5 characters in the next line, etc.

...which is precisely how your text appeared on my screen.

Text sent without carriage returns, however, is absolutely no problem. My 
mail client folds it back exactly where I've told it to.

I guess it depends on the software you use, and the way it's configured.

Sil - PA3HIL

Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to Majordomo@amsat.org