I Learned About <&*@@#$!%@ my back> From That

I promised that I would write a tell-all story... and I follow through.

1.
A few years ago I was privileged to receive the benefit of a box of 4CX250Bs
and 4CX350s, and various other devices such as bases, chimneys, etc. It was
when a local transmitting station was going out of business, and there was a
dump bin full of the stuff, but you simply had to be there. I also spotted
several 19 inch rach sets - the type intended for 'middle-mounting', where
the equipment is suspended from the middle of the edges and not the front
and back or along roller-bearing pull-out slides.

I put four of these on a trailer behind my car. This was actually quite
easy, because a friend was there to help me.

Getting them from the driveway to behind my car garage was another matter.

2.
I attended an auction at the local radio station. I bought a job-lot of
several portable tape recorders - - well, portable in 1960s to early 80s,
but actually weighing in at ~30-35kg (65-75lb). This is the Cuemaster 77
(MkIV and Mk V)
series from CEI. They were still in common use into the mid-90s.

They are VERY difficult to move.

However the radio journalists got them to their interviews is beyond my
comprehension.

Link to a pictures:
Mk IV http://users.senet.com.au/~poneill/77mkiv.html
Mk V http://users.senet.com.au/~poneill/77mkv.html
Who was CEI: http://users.senet.com.au/~poneill/ce.html

Again, I got them in from the car, but...

I learned about @#$%^&* my back from that, and the other.

Yes, I eventually did recuperate, and did learn how to move them without
needing medication and physiotherapy.

Peter Ellis
Amateur Radio VK1KEP
http://www.geocities.com/peter-vk1kep