Re: Marconi Reenactment

Bob ..    ...

No need to re-invent the wheel ....

Think we can help ...   we have just about completed
a bread board set up of a working 1902 Coherer receiver and
Spark gap transmitter station ...

When I say we ... I mean Dave AA1A and myself ..
Dave doing 99% ... and me ... 1 % ... HI ...  we are documenting
it all now ... photos ... diagrams .. etc.. .. so if some one wants to
reproduce the 1902 station it can be done ...

The station is a working replica of 1902 coherer/spark
station from an article in a 1902 issue of Scientific Amaerican ...
see ..    http://www.angelfire.com/nc/whitetho/1902cons.htm

It will be used as a demo at the Cape Cod Marconi Station on the
Marconi 100th Anniversary next Dec 12th .....
The Marconi Radio Club ... W1AA will be operating from the
1903 Marconi Transatlantic Station on Cape Cod for the event ...

We will be flying a 1901 kite antenna replica and operating HF
using present day amateur HF equipment ....
We plan to use the kite antenna to QSO the other special event
stations in Poldhu and Signal Hill, Newfoundland ...

see ..   http://webhost.avint.net/sonra/marc100.htm

and  http://personal.tmlp.com/k1vv/w1aa/

73   Whitey K1VV
Pres. Marconi Radio Club  W1AA