Re: Re: Drake 2880

To:             	va3dgr@sympatico.ca
Copies to:      	amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org, w0oqc@gte.net
Date sent:      	Sun, 17 Jun 2001 10:46:29 edt
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] Re: Drake 2880
From:           	Jesse Morris <w4mvb@juno.com>

> Hi Doug,
>
> I received your failed Drake converter yesterday and got the cover off
> this morning.  I'm sorry to say that it was full of water!  Actually
> "full" is a little extreme but there was standing water inside and the

when we mounted mine behind the conifer, i wrapped the f-connector with
several wraps of cold shrink tape. i have found, once it is applied, it really
makes a good seal. i have it on all my coax connections and have never had
problems with water getting into any of the connectors.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                    Internet: kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas                                  kk5do@amsat.org
AMSAT Awards Manager                            kk5do@amsatnet.com
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz
Visit SHOT http://www.clarc.org/shot