RE: Shipping (was FedX Ground)

Hmm. I recently shipped 200+ very small packages via FedEx ground with
little or no problem. Delivery time was accurate, tracking was excellent,
packages were delivered in original condition. One unit was lost and later
found and returned to me. It was really nice to send tracking information to
the consignee's email address through the FedEx Ground website.

I've only had experience with three different FedEx Ground drivers and
trucks but all of those had satellite communications onboard. I can't tell
you if it was a requirement or not. It obviously worked, they sent one
driver back for more packages after he'd already picked up here at my
office.

Now, I'll admit they take a few extra days for delivery in some cases. But
there is a savings to be considered also. When I shipped out the Drake 2880
downconverters, they charged $4 +/- .50 to most locations for single units.
With insurance and tracking included, it was a real deal!

International Shipping still has a few kinks to work out, US Postal beats
all in that category right now. Large bulky items are better shipped with
FedEx Ground in my opinion.

Best Wishes,

Mark Fossum - N0NSV