Re: Journal

>From: "Reid Bristor, Sr. Consultant" <rbristor@bristor-assoc.com>
>MIne just showed up as well. Sounds like the USPS maybe a bit slower
>then normal.
>
>At 06:53 PM 06/14/2001 -0500, Russ Tillman wrote:
>>Greetings:
>>
>>Martha tells me that the May/June issue has been placed in the mail. While
>>my copy hasn't arrived at my mailbox in Mississippi, other members in the US
>>have been receiving it. Meanwhile, copies to international members take a
>>bit longer to arrive.

Hmm,

Well if you live in the 48 states, CONUS, USA, or whatever you call it {we
call it living "outside"}, you got not much to complain about.

My freinds in Europe and Australia usually get their Journal before the
"ole pony" express delivers to us up here in Alaska.  My subscriptions take
3-4 weeks for delivery.  First class mail to the lower-48 makes it in about
3-days, but can take 5 days++ in the other direction.  First class from UK
or Europe normally 5-7 days.  UPS-1day, UPS-2 day, Prority mail, Fedex,
etc...all take a min of 3-days...or more...and except for pr-mail, cost
three times what it cost outside!!  One day US express letter...only takes
2-days :-)

Amazingly delivery from here to the next town can take two weeks!  Go
figure?  It is only a 3-hour drive by highway or 30 minutes by air?  Wonder
why I like on-line publishing??

Ed
Maybe they should shoot the "ole swayback", and go for modern
transportation :-)
e-mail to this list only takes 4-8 hours!!!