Re: Hearing AO-40 MB at 150 deg. squint?

Steve:

Okay, I checked to see if my tracking software (WinTrak Pro 5.01) reports the same thing.  When I use Atlanta as "my" location, I get
results close to yours - 33 deg elevation, 12523 km (7800 mile) range, 147 deg squint at 08:49 am (Eastern).

So we're kinda close on the numbers (I assumed you're "close enough" to Atlanta), and if we're both right, the bird is pointing well away
from you.

How about this theory: is the spaceframe is acting as the counterpoise for the S2 helix antenna?  Is it possible that the spaceframe, as
the "other half" of the antenna, is acting as an omnidirectional antenna?

David, ky0dr