Re: IEEE 802.1b

Hello

I am running a LinkSys Cablemodem/switch/wireless link  combo unit
and have seen of experienced NO effect whatsoever on my AO-40 reception.
I was worried when I got the switch...  but it's working fine here.

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=173&grid=5

Gary

> I am interested in hearing from hams who are actually working AO-40 and have a
> IEEE 802.1b WAP (Wireless Access Point) for computer network communications at
> 2.4 GHz. This technology uses Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum. I am interested
> in how much the noise floor for AO-40 is increased with its usage.
>

> 73 de
> Don DeJarnette
> KC4YRT
>
> ddej@gsa.state.al.us  (Work)
> ddej@simplecom.net  (Home)
> Phone (205) 349-2852   Ext. 223

Gary Bargholz
http://home.wi.rr.com/n9uur/
AMSAT Area 9 Coordinator, Wisconsin
Chairman:  W.A.R. The WI Association of Repeaters
Treasurer:  M.R.C. The Milwaukee Repeater Club 146.910MHz PL 127.3
Owner:      N9UUR Repeater Milwaukee 442.425 MHz PL 127.3
                N9UUR-10 Milwaukee APRServe IGate (N9UUR.IMC.MU.EDU:23)