L-band bbq dish uplink antennas?

  Has anybody given any thoughts to what would make
a good L-band uplink antenna?

  Ideally, I'd like to find/build something roughly
similar to the BBQ grille downlink antenna "style"
(rather than a solid dish to keep wind-loading
to a minimum.), fed with a small yagi.  Has anybody
done anything like this yet?

  Also, has anybody implemented any good computerized drive
systems for a big (10') TVRP dish?   I have a 10' winegard lying
in pieces in the back yard that I'd really like to try, depending
on what the final orbit looks like.

  -al
  WB1BQE