Re: Microwave signal generator

Here's a thought for those of you that have the older HP 8245 style
frequency counter with plugins.  Those plugins can be used  to produce a
clean & stable weak  signal source at what ever frequncy is indicated on
the converter tuning dial. Those units put out a fair amount of energy out
the RF input connector at the 10 Mhz harmonic selected by the tuning dial.
Any of the converters that cover 2.4 GHz should provide a nice signal for
checking out your downconverter.  I use this approach with a wide band
amplifier for signal generation up to the 12 Ghz limit of my converters.
 - Kerry N6IZW -