Re: RCA/DSS dish feed resources?

Douglas,

> hey , wait a minute , the gal at downeast told me that the only way I
>  could get my 13ulnack was with females on both ends :^(

I ordered the kit with two male connectors, thinking I was going to install
it directly on a helix with the Drake directly behind it.  As it turned out,
I changed my mind (nothing new there).  Instead I built it with one male for
the antenna connection and one female for a coax connection.  The female was
off a Drake 2880 which now has a nice male on it's input.  It worked out well
all around.

Here's a pic of it mounted on the dish feed (subject of a later report):
http://members.aol.com/k5oe/dish_01.jpg
The dish is a surplus MMDS unit from K5GNA and measures 45 cm x 55 cm and the
d/c is s Drake 2880.  I was able to copy UO-11 at S7 yesterday and follow the
beacon all the way down to zero degrees!  This morning I was able to easily
capture telemetry with AO40Rcv at 64,000 km (no good CRC in the little while
I tried).
73,
Jerry, K5OE