DSS dish phase center

Can anyone confirm for me, using the info in Paul Wade's Chapter 5A

http://www.w1ghz.cx/antbook/app-5a.pdf

...that the phase center of a RCA DSS dish is just in front of the
white plastic cover of the standard/included horn (that's where my
string put it)?

And that the phase center should fall on the first turn (moving away
from the connector pin) of a helix feed (based on practical feedback
in this forum)?

And that since from the feed's perspective, the tilted dish looks like
a circle, the feed should point from the phase center to the physical
center of the dish?

I'll use sun noise or the beacon to optimize, but I want to make sure
that the bracket I build to hold the new feed is at least close.

Thanks

Bill
W1PA