Re: Thermistor Question, Drake 2880

60 C = 140 F.  That's hot to the touch (hotter than typical household hot water
supply), but not so hot by electronics standards (typical automotive temp. spec.
is -40 C to +55 C).  Most electonic parts are designed for a max. temp
(non-operating) of +85 C.

The real question is whether or not your crystal was cut for ambient temperature
or 60 C.