RE: ERP on V and L for AO-40??

Well, I'm hoping I can get good downlink performance eventually (when I can
build a decent S band converter/ low loss bandpass filter/LNA).  I will be
mounting the LNA/converter at the dish. My goal is to hear the transponder
noise floor.

If there's one thing the FM LEOs (especially UO-14) have taught me, it's
that receive is the most important aspect of a satellite station.  I've lost
count of the stations I could hear clearly but couldn't work on UO-14,
because their receive setup wasn't up to scratch.  No doubt AO-40 will be
the same deal.

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.