Re: ARRL FD

Lee,

You are correct.  The ARRL Field Day rules treat all satellites as one band.

The ARRL Field Day Rules do not discriminate satellites.  Thus, if you work
the same station on 6 different satellites, it only counts as one contact.
You can work the same station on different modes (i.e. voice, cw , digital)
and gain extra credit, but they can only be counted once regardless of how
many satellites you may have worked them with the same station.

The ARRL Field Day rules were changed after 1998 for Satellite operation.
They were updated to include so that satellite QSO's can be counted toward
regular QSO credit while claiming the 100 bonus points.  This was great
news.

The AMSAT Field Day rules are much different.  Each satellite counts as
a different band, much like the ARRL HF style rules.

73's,

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama