Re: RE: Prime-Star Dish - Now Sky dish too

John Kraus tested helical antennas in the 1940's with conductor diameters
from 0.005 to 0.05 wavelengths and could find no difference in performance.
I've used 3/16" OD copper tubing for short 2400 MHz helixes to get the
necessary rigidity without a dielectric tube. I just flattened the last 1/4
turn, drilled a hole in it and soldered it to the connector.

73,

John
KD6OZH