Help designing transponder AGC

Hi,

I am designing a 435 to 2401 MHz linear transponder and would like to know
what the typical values are for:

1. Total conversion gain (435 antenna in to 2401 antenna out)
2. Total AGC range ( I am thinking something in the 30 dB range should be
sufficient)
3. AGC time constant (maybe 1 to 2 seconds ?)

This is for a crazy experiment of mine. Who knows if I can get one of these
in an Altoids can, we can put them everywhere.

Pieter
N4IP