ERP on V and L for AO-40??

My apologies if this has been answered definitively, but there's so
much information available I'm not able to sort it out, and I've been
concentrating on the S-Band downlink question.

What ERP should be adequate for good signals on U and L uplinks for
communication "all the time", "most of the time", and "some of the
time"?

Obviously it depends on the quality of the setup at the RX end to some
degree, but obviously with LEILA in action there's an upper limit, and
I suspect there's a bell curve.

I can easily work out antenna, transmission line and output power if I
know ERP numbers.

73, doug