RE: Prime-Star Dish - Now Sky dish too

Excellent!

I finished my 2.4Ghz dish helix feed over the weekend. I used 1/4"
copper tubing wrapped around 1" PVC pipe as a form.

I 've used 5 turns for what I was told was the correct illumination on
a DSS style (18") dish.

I used W1GHZ's articles to find the phase center of the dish.

The shim that I soldered to the first 1/4 turn is wider than 6 or 8mm
(more like 10mm). How critical is the width of the shim to the overall
match (I have nothing I can use to test the match at this point)? I
used 1/16" Teflon as a spacer between the shim/tubing and the Hammond
box I am using as a cup.

Bill
W1PA (openly admits he is a Newbie)