Re: Digital Birds

Hi Jerry,

Most of the digital birds are running 9600 baud (and up).  That
sort of modulation sounds like a wide patch of static.  You get
more of a digital buzz from the slower ones, such as UO-11, AO-16,
and the packet system on the ISS.

You'll need a special modem and a tap deep into most rigs in order
to actually receive anything useful.  That's what's kept me off
anything digital (except Mir, the Shuttle, and the ISS).

Greg  KO6TH