Re: Power interfacing the DEM 13 ULNA 2.4GHz preamp

Hi Art,

I just completed a DEM preamp kit and I installed two "F" connectors,
tied the two center pins together and hooked a small choke from the
common point to the B+ pad in the preamp.  The IF cable hooks to one
connector and a jumper goes from the other to the output of the
converter.  I have tested it on the bench with a Drake and it works fine.
 I haven't put it up yet.

I also have a Drake and a Trans System converter on the mast.  I made a
P/S to provide power to the converters which powers the individual coax
connectors through a switch.  Then I coupled each connector with a
capacitor to one of the two outputs of a TV type splitter.  The normal
input to the splitter goes to the receiver.  That's a cheap and dirty way
to switch converters.

Good luck.

73's de Jess - W4MVB