Some perspectives on launch complications

Hi,

There has been quite a bit of discussion of the vicissitudes to the space
business.  Recommended reading:

Flight: My Life in Mission Control by Christopher C. Kraft

Failure Is Not an Option: Mission Control from Mercury to Apollo 13 & Beyond
by Gene Kranz

Chris Craft was the launch director, "Flight," for the early Mercury
missions, and Gene Kranz succeeded him when Craft was promoted.  Together
they provide a fascinating look at the personalities, contractors, and
politics behind the early NASA programs.  Interesting confirmations, and in
some cases refutations, of stories we have heard about the astronauts as
well.  A good introduction to doing things in space.

Found both on the new book shelf at the local library.

Alan