thanks -->question about the DEM 13 ULNA 2.4GHz preamp

Many thanks to those of you who responded to my questions about this unit.

It appears that all is well with the preamp, and that an increase in
S-meter "noise" when powering it is a pretty certain indicator that all is
well with it.  Since I power the unit via the feed through cap (and not via
coax), it seems that connecting the preamp BACKWARDS (IN/OUT reversed) did
no damage.

The consensus is that based on the design of this preamp, that little, if
any, signal will pass through when it is NOT powered up.  I haven't tested
this, but one day I will I'm sure.

Again, thank you for the constructive and informative replies from all who
emailed me!

73,

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]